29th August, 2017
Kaynemaile makes a unique New Zealand architectural product and competes in a crowded global marketplace. Our products are being specified around the world and our growth potential is huge. We need a creative, talented, results-driven Operations Supervisor to keep our production facility humming.
We have a pretty cool and innovative product and we like to think we are a pretty cool team too. We are looking for the right people to join our team, so understand that talent and experience is only one pre-requisite – team fit is critical.
We have a small injection moulding facility with attached light fabrication workshop. Due to increased demand and growth we require more in-house technical ability. The key purpose of this new role is to ensure the smooth operation of our production facility. Predominantly a hands on and workshop based role, this position will oversee the day to day operations in the mesh production and workshop areas. You will be working within a small team of production staff and may be required oversee the production staff’s day to day activities ensuring this dovetails with production requirements.
For the right candidate, there is a lot of opportunity for growth in the company and for your career.
By virtue of a small but growing company, this role is broad and varied. The key involvement areas:
· Mesh production room
· Fabrication workshop
R & D, Prototyping – We brainstorm, conceptualise and prototype in-house in order to provide our clients with solutions. You will be involved in all aspects of this process. This is both project specific and for continued product improvement purposes.
Plant Maintenance – you will be the first point of call for reactive maintenance. You will also develop a robust preventative maintenance program.
Logistics – you will be involved with inwards and outwards goods and freight logistics
Quality Control – you will oversee quality control to ensure that a first-class product leaves our facility and reduce waste
Health & Safety – at Kaynemaile safety of employees is paramount and we have a healthy H & S culture. At a shop floor level you will be integral to this.
Installations – we carry out installations both locally and internationally. From time to time you may be required to travel and be involved in these
You will have a mechanical engineering background – preferably with an NZCE or diploma. Ideally, you will have a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in a production environment or similar. We would hope you have had experience in running a workshop or be ready to step up and take on more responsibility.
Applicants must possess the following attributes as a minimum:
· Good mechanical knowledge and understanding – trade experience a must
· Confident and decisive
· Machining skills
· TIG & MIG welding skills
· Excellent work place attitude and work ethic
· Sense of humour
· Honesty, reliability and good time keeping skills
· Ability to communicate well with all ages and cultures
· Excellent communication skills – written and oral
· Experience dealing with 3rd party contractors and suppliers
· Freight logistics experience
· Be able to take direction and have the ability to problem solve and work unsupervised
· Ability to work within a fun team environment
· Computer literate, especially within Microsoft products. Experience with Excel needed
· Full driver’s license required
· Ability to travel nationally and internationally
· New Zealand residency
Experience in the following not essential but would be a bonus:
· CAD experience – preferably Solid Works
· Electrical understanding / knowledge
· Hydraulics & pneumatics experience
· Injection moulding machine set-up and maintenance
· Site experience running installations including managing subies
· Working at heights, elevated platform or forklift experience / qualifications
· Production facility maintenance experience
· Quality Assurance experience
· Health & Safety experience
Our approach with our customers and team is collaborative. We are constantly prototyping new ideas across our business and aren’t afraid to stumble at times providing we learn and improve. We are a small and engaged team, who are passionate about the company and its growth.
The role offers a chance to use your skills and experience to help grow a great company with a unique product with a genuine New Zealand story and turn it into a world leading brand. We offer a supportive culture within a dynamic and creative business.
If this opportunity feels like the role your looking for and it fits with your skills and experience (double check above to avoid disappointment), please apply below and send us your CV with a covering letter (or more) explaining why you'd be right for Kaynemaile.